WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

AtJesusfeet - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* AtJesusfeet > Topics

Subject: QuestionAboutChristianBeliefs
Replies: 21 Views: 1137

seastarr 5.09.08 - 06:52am
Please post your questions about Christian Beliefs here. We will answer your questions with the help of the Holy Spirit. blossom.GIF *

seastarr 5.09.08 - 07:43am
Moved here from chat topic. Following question posted by shayan4u.
thank_you.GIF to reply me happy.GIF my question is - question.GIF
u r saying that Jesus is a son of God bcz he born without father then why cant Adam even he born without father and mother? *

seastarr 5.09.08 - 07:55am
Adam is also Son of God but not Son of Man. Jesus is Son of God, but born of a woman. I posted a link about this topic: called The Sons of God it is an indepth look at the Sons of God and has references if you want to read more on the subject rose.GIF *

shayan4u 5.09.08 - 10:41am
Ok. thank_you.GIF when one muslim met other muslim they say salam alaikum, when one hindu met other they say namaste, when one sikh met other they say sastiryical and what a christion say when he met other (plz answer in the light of Holy Bible) *

seastarr 5.09.08 - 10:08pm
God bless you. *

shayan4u 6.09.08 - 06:53am
Why there is two parts of christianity 1. Catholics and 2. Protestant. Which is right then *

n1ck 6.09.08 - 09:44am
Hi there shayan4u! We are glad to see you here! *

n1ck 6.09.08 - 09:50am
First of all, Christians dont really have a greeting word which we use to say ''hello'', but we do refer to other Christians as 'brother' and 'sister'. We do this because we believe we are one big family in the church of Christ. The apostle Paul would refer to other Christians as brothers and sisters. *

n1ck 6.09.08 - 10:06am
Your second question had 2 parts: A) Why is Christianity in 2 parts - catholic and protestant? B) Which one is right?

Well firstly, the first part of your question is inaccurate. Christianity is by no means divided into parts. You are either a Christian or you are not. The difference between catholicism and protestantism is that catholics glorify God, Mary, the pope, the saints etc etc while protestants ONLY glorify God. In a nutshell, catholicism follows man-made doctrines, and protestants follow only the Bible. Catholicism is a false Christianity, and Jesus Christ warned us that there would be false prophets.

To put it into perspective for you or to give you an illustration, imagine a group of people calling themselves muslims, and they teach a lot of the sound doctrines of Islam according to the Quran, BUT they also teach and do a lot of things that are not taught in the quran or which are disallowed in the quran, and they worship Muhammed and pray to Muhammed etc. You would not accept that group of people as true muslims would you?

Well that is what catholicism is like to Christianity. They call themselves Christians, but they really are not. *

n1ck 6.09.08 - 10:10am
I am glad you are here and asking questions hug.GIF Feel free to ask anything which you do not understand about Christianity. There is no such thing as a stupid question here smile.GIF *

seastarr 6.09.08 - 10:25am
Thank you bro n1ck that was great explanation rose.GIF *

n1ck 6.09.08 - 10:34am
All glory to God for that one sis! cuddle.GIF *

shayan4u 6.09.08 - 02:40pm
thank_you.GIF *

shayan4u 6.09.08 - 02:46pm
Is it true that there is more than 50,000 errors in the Bible. (don't mind plz it is a question) *

n1ck 6.09.08 - 08:26pm
No. The vast majority of what people call ''errors'' are simply verses that are misunderstood or taken out of context. *

n1ck 6.09.08 - 08:31pm
If there are any apparent bible contradictions or errors that you have heard of, feel free to post them and I will do my best to explain them. smile.GIF *

shayan4u 7.09.08 - 02:34am
Only one example that what about this point: Did St. John himself write the reference to the Holy Trinity attributed to him? The scripture referred to is 1 John 5:7,8. In commenting on this text Greek Scripture translator, Benjamin Wilson, writes in his The Emphatic Diaglott: This text concerning the heavenly witness is not contained in any Greek m cript which was written earlier than the fifteenth century. (The Holy Quran condemned it 1400 years ago). It is not cited by any of the Greek ecclesiastical writers; nor by any of the early Latin fathers, even when the subjects upon which they treated would naturally have led them to appeal to its authority. It is therefore evidently spurious. The truthfulness of this statement is borne out by the tact that the modern translation (except Roman Catholic translation from the Latin versions) do not include the text.
An extremly significant point is that most modern translation have already eliminated the errors to which this writer refers in his article. Notice that the twenty to fifty thousand errors are accredited to the two editions of the New Testament commonly read by Protestants and Catholics. Those would be the King James Version and catholic Douay Version, which were produced in 1611 and 1600 respectively. So they were both more than 300 years old.
When these translation were made the koin Greek in which the Bible was written was not so well understood as it is today. So those translators made errors in taranslation that have been corrected by modern scholars. Archaeologists also have contributed to Bible research by finding many ancient m cripts of the Scriptures.
Bibal errors have been eliminated to the point where the reamaing minor discrepancies are negligible. Sir Frederic G. (?) Kenyon, an outstanding English scholar, in his book The Bible and Archaeology, pages 288, 289, says: The interval then between the dates of orignal compostion and the (?) earliest extant evidence becomes so small as to be in fact negligible, and the last foundation for any doubt that the Scriptures have come down to us substantially as they were written has now been removed. Is not the Bible is reliable and beyond all doubt is God's Word???
YOUR WORD IS TRUTH (John, 17:17) *

endtimes 7.09.08 - 07:21am
God's Word is truth, and not that of man. The lie will always be revealed in the light and truth of God. The 1John 5:7-8 was human error, and was corrected by removing it from most new translations. Please go to my group ARMAGEDDON and read my topic about the 1611 KJV and its commentary. God bless you. *

shayan4u 7.09.08 - 08:18am
Only some sentences of the Bible ramain God's word and most of the sentences was changed by the man as he wished. *

seastarr 8.09.08 - 01:01pm
That is simply not true! Bible is the Word of God. This is not going to turn into a debate. We offered to answer ur questions and have politely done so. We have not made negative comments about Koran. Ask your questions but don't criticize our beliefs and we will do you the same courtesy. thank_you.GIF *

endtimes 8.09.08 - 04:22pm
Obviously that is not true shayan4u. And like seastarr says, we are not going to debate about this. Seems that your main attempt here is to descredit the Word of God instead of asking earnest questions. You dont see us attacking your quoran. I hope you are gonna respect that *

shayan4u 9.09.08 - 01:43am
sorry.GIF if it hearts u. I was not want to do so *

* AtJesusfeet Forum

Search:
topics replies

* AtJesusfeet

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search