WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

AtJesusfeet - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* AtJesusfeet > Topics

Subject: ~~THE ORIGIN OF FATHER'S DAY~
Replies: 9 Views: 874

oubaas 14.06.09 - 02:46pm
jewely31 posted this at http://oubaas.wapgroups.com OUBAAS WAPGROUP and asked me to paste it here too. *

oubaas 14.06.09 - 02:47pm
As FATHER'S DAY is just around the corner let me share to all of U, When and How Father's started. *

FATHER'S DAY falls on the third Sunday in June of every year. Sonora Donald of Washington, was the first person to have idea to create a day to celebrate Father's Day while she listened to a Mother's Day sermon in 1909. *

Sonora wanted a special day to honor her Dad, William Smart... Smart a Civil War veteran, was widowed after his wife died during the birth of their six child. Mr Smart was left to raise the new born and his 5 other children on a rural farm in Washington. *

oubaas 14.06.09 - 02:48pm
As Sonora grew up, she became more aware of the selflessness her Father had shown in raising herself and her other 5 siblings as a single parent. It was only her Father that made all the parental sacrifices during her childhood and he was in the eyes of his daughter, a courageous and loving man. *

oubaas 14.06.09 - 02:49pm
Sonora's father was born in June, so she decided the first FATHER'S DAY celebration in Spokane, Washington should be on 19th of June 1910. President Calvin Coolidge supported Father's Day to be national holiday in 1924. However,it was not until 1966 that President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation declaring the 3rd Sunday of June to be Father's Day. *

oubaas 14.06.09 - 02:50pm
President Richard Nixon ended up signing the Law which finally made it permanent in 1972. *

oubaas 14.06.09 - 02:50pm
God bless to all Father's *

jewely31 21.06.09 - 04:47am
First of all I would like to give Honor and Thanksgiving to the only FATHER who Love Unconditionally to all His people. blossom.GIF
HAPPY, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL FATHER, GRANDFATHER'S AND SOON TO BE FATHER'S. God bless U all. love2.GIF *

festus36 25.06.09 - 09:21am
Tank u and God bless u too. *

* AtJesusfeet Forum

Search:
topics replies

* AtJesusfeet

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search